10 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Venue
Of course you know all the right questions to ask as you begin planning your ceremony and reception,…how much is the facility rental fee? Is the date for my wedding available? What wedding packages do you offer? Where can we take photos? What is the cancellation policy? Great questions for sure, but is there anything you might be missing? Whether you are planning a country club wedding, and elegant hotel or resort wedding, or an intimate bed and breakfast or country inn ceremony, each has particular characteristics and provides different services.
Here are a few questions you might want to add to your list as you begin planning for your wedding reception in Northwest Georgia:
- Is there a private dressing area for the bride? Ideally, there should be a space where you and your bridesmaids can utilize to dress and undress, store your valuables, and or just go to take a breather, fix the hair, or whatever.
- Rules & Regs: Ask about tossing rice, petals or bird seed…is it allowed? What type? Are you allowed candles or candelabras? Are there noise limits or curfew times?
- What about decorating restrictions? You want your wedding to reflect your unique style…take a look around and ask the specifics! What, if anything, can you change? What can be moved or adjusted? How much time will you be allowed access to decorate before the big day?
- Accessibility: Will you have access to the entire venue? The grounds and gardens? You won’t want to book a venue you love for its scenic setting only to find that the gardens are off limits for your use, or the pool will be empty for cleaning that day!
- Your Guests: Will there be a coat room available? Is there sufficient parking available? What is the staff to guest ratio?
- What will it look like during your reception? This is a bit of a trick question…although a wedding at any time in Northwest Georgia is beautiful; if you’re booking it in April for a November wedding, ask them what the grounds look like at that time of year. They may even have pictures to share with you!
- Crowd Control: Will there be any weddings, parties or events during, before, or after yours?
- Restrooms: How close, how many, what type, the condition and accessibility for guests with limited mobility. This is a particularly important question to ask if you are considering a unique venue or outdoor location!
- Will the table or tables be set up so that you won’t be squinting into the sunlight?
- Hidden costs: Ask about possible cleaning fees, additional insurance fees or charges over and above the agreed-upon costs.