Northwest Georgia Bridal Show Survival Tips
Its bridal show season…that glorious time of year when you have the opportunity to explore the latest fashions, foods, accessories and wedding trends. Bridal shows can be small and intimate, with perhaps a few dozen vendors and tables. Some bridal shows are huge, with hundreds of vendors, live bands, videographers and photographers, and an extensive fashion show. Although the smaller shows are typically more laid back and let you get more attention from the vendors, the larger bridal shows and expos do offer a better comparison shopping experience.
Whichever type of show you choose to attend, there are some Northwest Georgia bridal show survival tips that will help you stay organized, on task, within your budget and emerge with your sanity intact:
- Think about buying your tickets ahead of time; many bridal shows offer VIP tickets that will get you some extras, including discounted ticket prices and the best seats for the fashion show. (Tip: Want to save money on tickets? Try contacting your favorite vendors to see if they have any comp tickets up for grabs.)
- Do bring your credit card and checkbook to take advantage of must-have specials and discounts available only on the day of the show.
- Dress in comfortable clothing and shoes.
BEFORE YOU GO…
- Create a new email account specifically for the shows. This lets you keep all that information in one spot and avoids filling up your regular email account with spam. Bring pre-printed labels and/or business cards with you (see below)
- Bring a bag large enough to hold all the freebies and giveaways, along with a pen, pad, and a calendar. Better yet, rely on your phone for everything of possible…making appointments, saving contacts, and reminders for follow-up appointments with the vendors.
- Pack a little baggie with samples or swatches of your wedding colors and fabrics, magazine photos of cakes or table decorations you like.
- Bring a bottle of water and a few snacks.
- Get the show map ahead of time and plan your route, avoiding any sections or vendors that you absolutely aren’t interested in. Decide which vendors you want to see and make a plan.
- Giveaways and promotions offer the opportunity to enter to win all kinds of cool stuff! Awesome, yes, but this can slow you down at the bigger shows. Bring labels pre-printed with your name, address, phone, email, etc. so you can enter and keep moving!
- Don’t bring kids if you can help it. It’s always fun for them at first, but they quickly get tired, bored and distracted.
- The fashion shows are usually the biggest draw, and traffic to the booths pretty much slows down during that time. It’s the best time to get the undivided attention from the vendors you most want to see if you already have a dress in mind.
Definitely bring friends with you – the more the merrier! Relax, make a list of 3 or 4 “must-do’s” to accomplish while you are there and go for it. Happy bridal show browsing!