Choose Fall for a Fabulous NW Georgia Wedding!
The crisp air and the aroma of the gorgeous fall foliage make autumn a cozy and romantic wedding season. All seasons come with their own prospects for unique décor, dresses, food, and fun, but there’s something about the feeling of fall that adds a warm ambiance to marriage festivities (not to mention the breathtaking portraits!). Planning fall weddings in Northwest Georgia offers all sorts of opportunities for creativity.
A Northwest Georgia fall wedding offers the unique opportunity for the bride and groom-to-be to incorporate the colors of the Earth elegantly into their nuptial merriments. Oranges, browns, moss greens, gold, and deep reds and purples should be mimicked as you would see them outside.
- Bridal Accessories: Consider a crown of autumn leaves and berries; a satin sash in a bold fall color; bouquets incorporating orange roses, sunflowers, berries, maroon eucalyptus, twigs, and leaves; subtle jewelry in orange and gold tones.
- Centerpieces and Favors: Again, use the great outdoors for your inspiration! Decorative pumpkins and gourds make simple and beautiful centerpieces. Also consider hurricane lamps with large gold, orange, or brown candles surrounded by striking fall foliage or dried corn stalks. Party favors? Why, mini maple syrups, caramel apples, jars of apple butter, prettily-packaged cinnamon sticks, or autumn truffles.
- The Bridesmaids and Flower Girl: Consider iridescent brown or dark purple dresses for your bridesmaids, dressing your Maid-of-Honor and flower girl in complementary colors. These colors will look stunning with bouquets of autumn orange and wheat!
- The Cake: Let your creativity shine with a festive carrot cake! Have the frosting reminiscent of birch bark and decorated in colorful candied maple leaves. Perhaps a plain off-white cake decorated in miniature pumpkins and leaves, and wrapped in candied orange and brown ribbon. The options are limitless for cakes in Northwest Georgia!
- Décor: The trick…use natural elements elegantly! Rustic farm tables adorned with pumpkins, artichokes, leaves, twigs, and then bringing the elegance factor with glass votive holders or hurricane lamps. Tie corn stalks or autumn wreaths at the back of chairs or sides of pews. Remember, nature is spontaneous and so should your decorations be, so don’t be afraid to throw around the leaves and scatter the gourds!
- The Menu: Think Thanksgiving, but with a roasted pork loin and apple slices instead, pumpkin soup, cheddar grits, sweet potatoes, apple and pecan pies, chili (if you are feeling brave), and apple cider (spiked and not). Northwest Georgia wedding caterers offer bountiful menus of delectable hors d’oeuvres, entrees, and desserts.
Plan for an outdoor wedding if possible, with the option of indoor and outdoor reception facilities, as daytime temperatures can be comfortable and fall nights in Georgia can prove chilly.