Wedding Cake Topper Ideas
There are many decisions you need to make for your upcoming Georgia wedding, aren’t there? Let’s take a look at one of them, “what should go on top of my wedding cake?” in more detail so you can consider all your options before you make a decision.
- Do you want a cake topper that you can keep forever and ever? Or would you rather have it be something less permanent?
- What shape will your wedding cake be in? Is it a traditional 3 tiers or something different? You can have it custom made any way you want, including the cake topper.
- Does your wedding have a theme? If so, you’ll want your wedding cake topper to be an extension of that theme.
- Are you a traditionalist? Or do the two of you like to be different?
- Do you want a topper that’s eco-friendly and can be eaten or composted (like flowers)? Or a plastic molded token that can be saved as a fun memento of your special day? Or would you rather have a crystal topper that would look great afterwards in your china hutch?
Hopefully your head is not spinning with these questions as they are meant to help you narrow your focus on what you truly want.
Bride and Groom Cake Topper
You don’t have to have the original man in tux, woman in wedding gown topper unless that’s what you want. The bride and groom can be in military gear, scuba gear, hiking gear, beachwear, or representing whatever your interests are. You can have elegant or funny bride and groom toppers.
Create a memorable topper with flowers. The flowers can be whatever you want, in whatever color you want, and can trail down all tiers of the cake. Make them edible flowers so no one has to fuss with removing them (unless you want to preserve them later). If you go this route you should put someone in charge of making sure the flowers get from the florist to the cake decorator at the appropriate time.
If you have a theme, you can easily find something to go on top of your cake. For example, beautiful sea shells for a beach-themed wedding.
In fact, there are wedding cake toppers for just about anything that interests you two – dolphins, frogs, bears, horses, trees, knights and damsels, rednecks (really!), Harley-Davidson motorcycles, golfers, The Simpsons, firefighters, cars, chariots, baseball, doves, butterflies, etc.
Crystal on Top
If your wedding is elegant, plan for an intricate crystal piece on top of your cake. It can be the traditional bride and groom, monogrammed initials, swans, roses, lilies, bells, or hearts. Some of the crystal pieces can be engraved on.
Custom wedding cake toppers can be found or created from off-the-shelf toppers! How about the Georgia Bulldogs, the University of West Georgia, a career-based theme or something about your home town?
Take note that as your wedding day plans evolve, you might change your mind on your topper. That’s perfectly okay as long as you pick out your new wedding cake topper in plenty of time for your cake decorator or caterer to implement the change. If you are planning a winter wedding in Northwest Georgia, crystal toppers go beautifully for the season.